CONFIDENCE AT FIRST SIGHT.
CYSVIEW® is an innovative breakthrough technology in the diagnosis and management of non-muscle invasive papillary bladder cancer (pNMIBC).
CYSVIEW® is used with blue-light cystoscopy (BLC) as an adjunct to white-light cystoscopy (WLC) and not separately, in the detection of pNMIBC in patients with known or suspicion of bladder cancer. CYSVIEW® can improve the detection of pNMIBC beyond that achieved with WLC alone, resulting in a more complete transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT) and fewer recurrences.1,2
CYSVIEW® should be considered both in the initial evaluation of suspected pNMIBC and the follow-up TURBTs.2 CYSVIEW® is approved across Europe (branded as Hexvix®) and the US (branded as CYSVIEW®). It is recommended by the European Association of Urology (EAU)3, US guidelines on NMIBC4, and a number of expert panels.2,5Read more
THE BENEFIT OF CYSVIEW® WITH BLC
CYSVIEW® has demonstrated clear benefits over WLC alone in terms of clinical practice
and patients’ experiences from diagnosis to cancer management.
CYSVIEW® improves the detection of papillary tumors, leading to improved treatment of pNMIBC which results in better management of bladder cancer.5,12,14,17
CYSVIEW® is a photosensitizing agent which makes cancer cells fluoresce red under blue light illumination. In order to perform BLC only approved cystoscopic machines, equipped with necessary filters to allow both WLC and blue-light (wavelength 360–450nm) fluorescence cystoscopy, should be used; this can easily be switched on and off by the click of a button, giving doctors the benefit of both modes.Read more
CYSVIEW® with BLC significantly improves the detection of papillary bladder tumors compared to WLC alone.1
The study conclusions were that CYSVIEW® with BLC "significantly improves the detection of bladder cancer leading to a more complete resection and significantly better disease-free survival."1Read more
For full details on the indications and administration of CYSVIEW® as well as contraindications, warnings & precautions, adverse reactions, and drug interactions, please refer to the product monograph.
Note: CYSVIEW® (hexaminolevulinate (HAL) hydrochloride) is used with blue-light cystoscopy (BLC) as an adjunct to white-light cystoscopy (WLC) and not separately. CYSVIEW® with BLC may be referred to in a number of ways, such as CYSVIEW®, CYSVIEW® with BLC, CYSVIEW® with Photodynamic Diagnosis (PDD) System, HAL with BLC, and HAL with PDD.
- Hermann GG et al., Fluorescence-Guided Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumours Reduces Bladder Tumour Recurrence Due to Less Residual Tumour Tissue in Ta/T1 Patients: a Randomized Two-Centre Study; BJU International 2011;108(8Pt2):E297-303
- Daneshmand S et al., Expert Consensus Document, Hexaminolevulinate blue-light cystoscopy in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: review of the clinical evidence and consensus statement on appropriate use in the USA, Nature Reviews Urology, Vol 11 Oct 2014 p589-596
- Babjuk M et al., European Association of Urology. Guidelines on Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer (TaT1 and CIS). 2015. Replaced with 2015 instead of 2013
- US Guidelines on Non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (TaT1 and CIS, Guideline Summary NGC-9825 http://www.guideline.gov/summary_redirect.aspx?type=replaced&objectID=34059
- Witjes JA et al., Hexaminolevulinate-Guided Fluorescence Cystoscopy in the Diagnosis and Follow-up of Patients with Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer: Review of the Evidence and Recommendations; European Urology 2010;57:607-614.
- Soloway M & Khoury S., Bladder Cancer 2nd International Consultation on Bladder Cancer – Vienna. 2nd ed. ICUD-EAU. 2012.